My home suffered water or fire damage. Now what?

I have finally begun my journey into the world of blogging. My main focus is is to inform followers about the world of insurance restoration. The world everyone unexpectedly falls into when they have a fire in their home or come home to a flooded basement. The immediate thought is “everything is ruined .”What do I do now? Who do I call? How am I going to pay for this? Rest assured that help is right around the corner if you know where to look.
Tip #1. When your home has sustained damage from fire, smoke, water, vandalism or other sources it is critical that restoration work be done “quickly ” and “properly.” Contact your insurance carrier immediately and report the loss. Most carriers have a 24 hr contact number and they will guide you through the process. Secondly, contact a restoration contractor if your insurance carrier doesn’t. Reputable restoration contractors will provide 24 hr emergency service and in my experience most carriers “expect” you to call them to mitigate the damage. Doing so helps to minimize the size of the loss.

About michaelbellor

I am a veteran of the U.S. Air Force, graduate of Saginaw Valley State University, Licensed builder and an Estimator/Project Manager for a mid-Michigan Restoration Contractor. There are so many people that have no idea what to do after a fire or water loss. This is my way to help out and give back a little.
This entry was posted in Property damage do's and don'ts and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s